Sunday, July 5, 2009

On Age and Culture.

Short post, lots of things to talk about but little desire to type them up, so just a small thing.

Conversation between me and my mom:

Me:*Putting clothes in the washing machine*
*checks underneath sink for detergent*
Mom: "You're gonna need to get more of the thing, the, uh, detergent."
Me: "you're detergent!"
*walking towards cupboard to get detergent*
Mom:"Your face."
Me:*Turning around slowly*
"What did you just say to me?"
Mom:"I said you're going to need more detergent"
Me: "No, no, the other thing."
Mom: "*with a grin* Your face?"
Me: "Did you just: 'So's your face' me?"
Mom: "You bet I did! *cackle*"

Man, that's never happened before. My grandma called peta activists freaking out about B-rock killing a fly: "Retarded". It's like previous generations are catching up with us! They have iPods, people. Be afraid. Be very afraid. 

"Whisht with your noise!" -Bernard Black, "Black Books"

No comments: