Thursday, February 5, 2009

Snow an' Stuff!


So! We got off an hour and 20  minutes early from school today due to, you guessed it, snow! I love snow.

          I say this every time anyone even mentions it, but I just have to say, it really reminds me of Utah. One of the best parts of Utah. Because it's a desert, it gets really hot in the summer, and really cold in the winter. The sheer freezing temperatures truly freeze the water, creating dry snow. Snow in which no water can be found, simply fluffy ice, which make perfect powder for skiing. It was absolutely beautiful in the mountains, you guys. I have such fond memories of my childhood's winters, making snowmen with my dad and my brother, snow forts, snow fights, snow caves, and for new years, leaping face-first into a snow bank in naught but my undergarments in a desperate bid to stay awake. Ok, maybe that last image isn't quite so beautiful, but the mountains and forests covered in snow were breathtaking. There's but a shard of my morning view at the top of this post, but few things match it's wonder in person.     

    Anyway! Enough of my blabbing about Utah.  It just occurred to me that some of you might not know this, but I've been living in Ireland for the past 5 years, I used to live in Utah. I wouldn't really consider either my real "home", but I do call each of them "Home" from time to time! Oh, and click the image for it's full view, it's really pretty! 
     
  The snow really reminded me of God though. In Isaiah 1:18 it says:
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

I thought that was really applicable. I think to some extent, living with God is like living in a snowstorm. No matter what you do, it will be covered up. No blackness or stain can ever outlast the driving  white of forgiveness. There was so much muck and filth in the gutters, but every time a new storm came along, the snow completely covered it, making it white again. Even my footsteps were filled in quickly, I felt like I was at the abject mercy of this downpour of snow, like no matter what negativity I did, it would be covered and made beautiful again. No matter how dark or tarnished, made to reflect the light and shine once more. I thought that was really beautiful.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just, no touching the yellow snow!