Sunday, January 11, 2009

Captain's stardate: eleven one oh nine

So, I was going to do this big post about a bible study I heard at church today, and how moving it was, it was about bitterness and the wilderness and forgiveness and dissapointment and pizza and hate crimes against white shirts. It was going to be deep and profound. But then I got a headache and now I can't think straight, so I'm going to tell you about something I did. I did something that I have never, ever, in all my days, heard of being done before. I am a little proud of myself for taking what is a fairly common practice, and changing the method, but not the concept. I presume that if you are reading this, you are aware of what rickrolling is. The idea is that you send a link to someone, and they click it, and then they watch an 80's music video by rick astley, called "Never gonna give you up". Here's an example:

Jeff: "Hey steven, check it out, there's this picture I found of a fire, it's really cool."
Steven: "Ok! I believe you and trust you to send me the real link."
Jeff: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0"
Steven: "Oh no! I have been Rickroll'd! Jeff, I trusted you! How could you do this to me! I want a divorce!"

Ok, that was pretty much how it goes up until the end. At any rate, I decided to physically mail my friend, Nicole a rickroll. She said she loves to recieve letters, and she's pretty into the whole internet shebang, so I figured she would appreciate the joke. And she did! I wonder if historians will look upon that moment as my finest hour.

2 comments:

Nicoley said...

Not only did you physically mail it but it was wax sealed. I never before had received a letter with a wax seal before.

Phiasmir said...

I love that wax seal! I wax seal everything I mail now, just because wax seals are really, really awesome. It has a giant "L" in victorian font and everything!