Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cat's house!

I'm at said friend's house right now, it's pretty sweet! I made her eggnog, but they didn't have any nutmeg, so I tried using cinnamon. It's turned out pretty well thus far! Tastes kinda coconutty. Said Ukrainian pal and his ladyfriend are now playing a cardgame called "spit" with great passion! It's a hard game to play without passion though. I beat Ukrainian pal at spit 3 times in a row last night, and also curb-stomped him at chess on the train down. He tried to do one of those manouvers that wins you the game in 5 moves, and it can only be stopped 3 ways. By total fluke, I did one of said ways, and actually ended up winning! It was pretty sweet, but he beat me at spit a few minutes ago so the score's about even. Him and his ladyfriend are really good together, they're very sweet and casual together, you'd expect they'd been married together for years! I hope to God they're not reading this, or else that'd be super embarrassing. If you're reading this, then stop. Well you're obviously not going to, but at least don't bring it up. They get on well together! It's a little scary to me. Makes me wonder what I'd do in situations that they're in with each other. They're very quick to forgive, quick to mend, quick to trust. And genuinely care for each other, and know each other really well. It's heartwarming, but scares the crap out of me because I'm very afraid that I'd freak out in such situations I don't know if said worries are justified. I'm envious at any rate :P. But at any rate, it's an encouragement to see people in a healthy relationship. Another awesome thing, me and said Uke bud are sleeping in the same room, and when we woke up, before doing anything else, we read our bibles. I didn't know he had brought his, and he didn't know I brought mine, but before we did anything (well, ok, he took a shower, but he hadn't showered in 2 days, so that was kinda important.) We just got up and read our bible for our daily dose of God's word. It was very touching to have feeding your relationship with God to be the status quo. We're preparing for the party tonight, and that involves sausages, chips, and stuff like that. Our lovely host in turning 18, and her county is beautiful along with her back garden. It reminds me of our house back in Utah. Space, space, space. Big house, lots of animals, and man's dominion loosely scattered instead of tighly packed into our little boxes. Of course it's a giant drive to anywhere else, but that's always he trade-off in these places. Beautiful all the same.

Because you're mine, I walk the line. And then the words just naturally flowed. It was an easy song to write. -Johnny Cash

No comments: